In line with its mission, ISPO produces guidelines and reports on selected topics:
- 2008 Guidelines on the Provision of Manual Wheelchairs in Less Resourced Settings (WHO/ISPO/USAID)
- 2005 Guidelines for Training Personnel in Developing Countries for Prosthetics and Orthotics Services (WHO/ISPO)
With the objective of providing guidance to any country or organisation involved in the establishment or restructuring of a training course that shall satisfy the standards of ISPO with respect to the training of a Category I, II or III professional, ISPO has created information packages which describe learning objectives, provide examples of a syllabus and appropriate arrangements for final examinations. They also outline arrangements for evaluation and recognition of P&O training programmes by ISPO.
- Information Package Category I (English)
- Information Package Category II (English)
- Information Package Category II Modular Courses (English)
- Information Package Category III (English)
- Information Package Category I (Spanish)
- Information Package Category II (Spanish)
- Information Package Category III (Spanish)
- Information Package Category II (Portuguese)
2000-2010 Final report on the activities undertaken within the framework of the grant 'Appropriate Prosthetic and Orthotic Technologies in Low Income Countries'.
2008-2015 Reports from Impact Assessments under the grant ‘Facilitating rehabilitation of people with physical disability in developing countries through education and training of prosthetics/orthotics professionals 2008-2015’:
- Fisk J, Soderberg B, Trebbin H, Cochrane H and Stills M (2010). ISPO/LWVF Evaluation team VIETCOT graduates report. ISPO
- Sexton S, Shangali H, Munissi B (2013). Prosthetics & orthotics impact assessment: the impact of training personnel to the minimum standards ISPO Category I & II (East Africa: Tanzania, Kenya and Uganda). ISPO.
- Sexton S, Jovane R, Rosario D, Castaneda M (2015). Prosthetics & orthotics impact assessment: Latin America: Mexico, Guatemala and Colombia. ISPO. Published in English and Spanish.
- Sexton S, Stills M, Chhoeurn V, Kheng S (2015). Prosthetics & orthotics impact assessment: South East Asia: Cambodia and Lao PDR. ISPO.
- Cochrane H, Rosario D, Singh A and Ghosh R (2015). Prosthetics & orthotics impact assessment: India and Bangladesh. ISPO.
- Tardif C, Niang M, Amah A (2016). Prosthetics and orthotics impact assessment: West Africa: Togo and Benin
- Impact Assessment Appendices - English
Final report: Rehabilitation of people with physical disabilities in developing countries - ISPO, Denmark. ISBN 978-87-93486-00-3
Other useful resources:
- 2017 Atlas of Spinal Orthotics (EXCEED)
- 2016 Responding Internationally to disasters: a do's and don'ts guide for rehabilitation professionals (consortium of organizations; download the PPT format as well)
- 2015 Management of Poliomyelitis (WHO)
- 2015 Physical Rehabilitation Centres Architectural Programming Handbook (ICRC)
- 2014 Goals of rehabilitation. Posters on self-care and mobility; functional independence and social participation; education and work (WHO)
- 2014 Situational Analysis on Wheelchair and Mobility devices in Tajikistan (WHO)
- 2014 Situational analysis. State of rehabilitation in Tajikistan (WHO)
- 2013 Wheelchair Service Training Package – Intermediate Level (WSTP-I) (WHO/USAID)
- 2011 World Report on Disability (WHO, available in English, French, Portuguese and Spanish)
- 2011 Joint Position Paper on Mobility Devices in Less Resourced Settings (WHO/USAID)
- 2008 United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UN)
- 2006 Prosthetics and Orthotics Programme Guide: Implementing P&O Services in Low-Income Settings (available also in Arabic, French and Spanish)
- 2006 Prosthetics and Orthotics Project Guide: Supporting P&O Services in Low-Income Settings (available also in Arabic, French and Spanish)
- 2004 Planning, monitoring and evaluation of P&O programmes. Boddington M, Kaphingst W, Massoud R, Stills M, Trebbin H, Verhoeff T.; Copenhagen, Denmark: International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics.
- 2003 Joint ISPO/WHO Statement: Relationship Between P&O Services and Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR)