The ISPO Scientific Committee is responsible for all matters of ISPO relating to Science. The promotion of research and evidence-based practice is one of the main activities stated in the ISPO mission.
In particular, the Scientific Committee:
- Strengthens ISPO’s contribution to creation and dissemination of science in P&O
- Oversees the scientific activities of the Society as directed by the Executive Board.
- Is responsible to review the scientific policy of the Society and make recommendations to the Executive Board.
- Leads the efforts of the ISPO World Congress Program Development
Specific goals and actions arising out of ISPO's Strategic Plan 2013-15 with regard to Science and Research are the following:
- Demonstrate the benefits of P&O services to relevant stakeholders, such as governments and public authorities, launch of an international study;
- Identify new areas for research and promote joint research with other organizations;
- Organize a Consensus Conference during the biennium 2013-2015.
Jan Geertzen, Netherlands (Chair)
Jaap Harlaar, Netherlands (Member)
Ed Lemaire, Canada (Member)
Magnus Lilja, Sweden (Member)
Harmen van der Linde, Netherlands (Chair)
Man-Sang Wong, Hong Kong (Member)
Learn more about the role and responsibilities of the Scientific Committee.