The ISPO Scientific Committee is responsible for all matters of ISPO relating to Science. The promotion of research and evidence-based practice is one of the main activities stated in the ISPO mission.
In particular, the Scientific Committee:
- Strengthens ISPO’s contribution to creation and dissemination of science in P&O
- Oversees the scientific activities of the Society as directed by the Executive Board.
- Is responsible to review the scientific policy of the Society and make recommendations to the Executive Board.
- Leads the efforts of the ISPO World Congress Program Development
Specific goals and actions arising out of ISPO's Strategic Plan 2013-15 with regard to Science and Research are the following:
- Demonstrate the benefits of P&O services to relevant stakeholders, such as governments and public authorities, launch of an international study;
- Identify new areas for research and promote joint research with other organizations;
- Organize a Consensus Conference during the biennium 2013-2015.
Click here to access documentation related to the work of the ISPO Scientific Committee - the Scientific Committee Resources section of the ISPO website.
- Man-Sang Wong, Hong Kong (Chair)
- Harmen van der Linde, Netherlands (Member)
- Jaap Harlaar, Netherlands (Member)
- Ed Lemaire, Canada (Member)
- Magnus Lilja, Sweden (Member)
- Marco Cavallaro (Italy)
- Hans-Henning Wetz (Germany)
Learn more about the role and responsibilities of the Scientific Committee.