Through Short Courses, ISPO provides teaching and training to professionals in the field of prosthetics and orthotics as well as related areas, with a special focus on emerging and developing countries.
Short Courses provide an opportunity for ISPO members and professionals in general to keep abreast of current issues and professional standards for the care of people with physical disabilities.
Short Courses can be organized at the initiative of ISPO member societies, ISPO accredited schools/institutions and NGOs in official partnership with ISPO.
The ISPO international faculty delivers courses on the following topics:
- Lower Limb Amputation (example of program)
- Neuropathic Disabilities (example of program)
- Orthotic Management of Cerebral Palsy (example of program)
- Management of Stroke (example of program)
- Management of Poliomyelitis
- Management of Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis (AIS) (example of program)
- Management of Club Feet
ISPO supports three to four Short Courses in developing countries each year by funding the travel of an international faculty.
Organizations interested in holding a Short Course in a high income country are encouraged to submit an application but are required to bear the total costs.
To apply for support in organizing an ISPO Short Course:
- Read the Guidelines for the Organization of ISPO Short Courses prior to submitting your application.
- Complete the ISPO Short Course Application Form and submit it to the ISPO Head Office.
- Please note that applications need to be submitted before 1 November for courses planned the following year, and ideally 12 months before the planned date of the course.
Guidelines for the Organization of ISPO Short Courses
ANNEX 1 - ISPO Short Course Application Form
ANNEX 2 - ISPO Short Course Report
ANNEX 3 - Duties related to the ISPO Short Course Program
Consult the list of Short Course Conveners responsible for ISPO Short Courses.
PAST SHORT COURSES and SHORT COURSES REPORTS
To get information about past Short Courses and get hold of Short Courses reports, click here.
FUTURE SHORT COURSES
Check out upcoming Short Courses here.