ISPO Short Course on the Orthotic Management of Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
Tuesday 28 August 2018
ISPO organizes a Short Course on the Orthotic Management of Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis on 15-17 November 2018 in Vellore, India
Some 120 professionals from physicians to orthotists and physical therapists are expected to attend the meeting conducted by the ISPO Faculty composed of John R. Fisk, MD, Jennifer Fawcett, CO, Carol Hentges, CO and Shane Keaveny, Orthotic technician.
Looking into the Management of Moderate Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis (AIS), the progamme wil cover the following issues:
- Anatomical review of the spine.
- Biomechanics of normal spine.
- Introduction to AIS: definition, epidemiology, terminology, classification and possible etiology (under investigation).
- Biomechanics and clinical features of scoliotic spine.
- Clinical assessments of AIS: physical examinations, radiographic examinations and growth potential assessment.
- Management of AIS: non-surgical approach (observation, orthotic management and scoliosis specific exercise therapy) and surgical approach (brief introduction).
It will feature workshops for:
- Orthotists: demonstration and practice on assessment, measurement, casting, rectification, fabrication, fitting, patient education and outcome measure.
- Physiotherapists: introduction and demonstration of scoliosis specific exercise therapy.
- Physicians: Radiograph interpretation and case presentation
In addition to dedicated workshops, clinical cases will be discussed among the participants.
Contact person: Aratatran Patra, Secretary ISPO-India : email@example.com