ISPO attends the GReAT Consultation meeting
Thursday 29 August 2019
At the Global Report on Assistive Technology Consultation Meeting which took place at the WHO headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland on 22nd and 23rd August 2019, ISPO was well represented with at least 10 ISPO members present.
"It was really an excellent meeting, demonstrating how far assistive technology has come in the last 2 years since the first Assistive Technology summit in Geneva, and the enormous success of the GATE initiative championed by Chapal Khasnabis with contributions from innumerable individuals", reported ISPO President, Professor OAM Friedbert Kohler.
The majority of ISPO representatives presented various papers related to assistive technology, among which four papers had direct authorship of ISPO members in their ISPO capacity.
The meeting was well attended by:
- WHO officials including, Clive Ondari, Director, Medicines and Health Products Division WHO; Mariangela Simao, the Assistant Director-General, Medicines and Health Products Division, WHO; Soumya Swaminathan, the Chief Scientist of the WHO,
- Government officials and supporters including Her Excellency Samina Alvi, the first lady of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, with continuation of leadership by Pakistan in the promotion and implementation of access to Assistive Technology within the WHO and beyond,
- ATscale and the contributors to AT scale,
- Organisations representing persons with disability including Ana Lucia Arellano, the chair of the International Disability Alliance,
- Many NGOs, other organisations and individuals involved in Assistive technology.