Best Paper Prizes are awarded by the local organising/scientific committee to five presenting authors of free papers/posters in the following five categories:
- Advancing Clinical Treatment: greatest contribution to advancing the clinical management of clients.
- Advancing Technology: greatest contribution to advancing technical capabilities in prosthetics and orthotics.
- Advancing Psychosocial: the greatest contribution to advancing our understanding of the psychosocial aspects of client care.
- Advancing Socio-Economic Science: the greatest contribution to advancing our understanding of the socio-economic aspects of client care.
- Advancing Education: greatest contribution to advancing prosthetics and orthotics education.
- Best Poster: paper presented in poster format that makes the most substantial contribution to advancing knowledge in prosthetics and orthotics.
The 2019 Best Paper and Poster Prizes were awarded to:
- Advancing Clinical Treatment Incidence and Risk Factors for Reamputation after Dysvascular Amputation” Daniel Norvell, Joseph Czerniecki
- Advancing Technology “Deformable Link Segment (DLS) Analysis of Deformation Power in Prosthetic Foot-Ankle Components” Stacey R. Zhao, J. Timothy Bryant, Qingguo Li
- Advancing Psychosocial Science Prefrontal Cortical Activation during Challenging Walking Situations in Persons with Lower Limb Amputation - An fNIRS observational study. Preliminary Results” Jette Schack, Peyman Mirtaheri, Harald Steen, Terje Gjøvaag
- Advancing Education“Improving the reliability of professional competency assessment for orthotist/prosthetists in Australia” Louise Puli, Emily Ridgewell, Michael Dillon.
- Best Poster “The difference in dynamic balance with and without ankle brace during single-leg lateral drop jump landing” Shogo Sakai, Yukio Urabe, Junpei Sasadai, Shuhei Numano, Noriaki Maeda.
- Yeonchi Wu International Education Award “Research in Prosthetics and Orthotics Bachelor Level: The Case of Designing Research Program
in PO School, Thailand”Manunchaya Samala, Pitchaya Rayothee, Juthamas Siriwatsopon.