Sepp Heim Award
This international biannual award will be established to honor Mr. Sepp Heim for a lifetime of significant contributions to both ISPO and the development of Prosthetic and Orthotic education and services in developing countries. The Sepp Heim award will be inaugurated at the ISPO World Congress in 2021 and once the funding is put in place.
One (or more) recipient(s) will be chosen on a bi-annual basis, based on the nominations submitted and on the amount of funds available for the award. A selection panel will be constituted ahead of the ISPO World Congress to ensure that the process of nominations and the selection of the award takes place.
The initial criteria are:
- The nominee has made major contributions to Prosthetic and Orthotic education, especially those who have made an impact in developing countries
- The nominee has made significant contributions to improving prosthetic and orthotic service in developing countries
- Nominations can be submitted by anyone who believes their nominee fits the criteria and spirit of the award.
- A call for nominations would be made by ISPO a year in advance of the next World Congress with a 2 to 3 months window available for nominations to be submitted.
- An award application form will be developed and made available on the ISPO website.
- The initial Sepp Heim Award committee would comprise key donors to ISPO and chairperson of Education and Scientific Programs of the biannual ISPO World Congress. Other committee members would be solicited as needed and announced.
The Prize represents to the winner(s) the following:
- a certificate of recognition
- a cash amount of USD 1500
This award will replace the Yeongchi Wu International Education Award.