World Congress 2019 - Sponsorship of Travel Stipends
In recognition that some participants may need financial assistance for travel and accommodation related to their attendance at the ISPO World Congress 2019 held in Kobe, Japan, ISPO will provide a travel stipend as well as fully waived registration fees.
Successful candidates will receive free registration, and, in addition, a travel grant, the amount of which will be determined based on the home country of the applicant.
Criteria, Requirements and Selection:
Applicants must meet the following criteria (please do NOT apply if you do not fulfill all requirements).
- Be a native of and resident in a “Low Income Country”, “Lower Middle Income Country” or “Upper Middle Income Country” as outlined in the World Bank list of economies (see the list here)
- Be a member in good standing of ISPO.
Additional scores will be given to:
- Candidates that have an accepted paper/presentation (oral or poster) at the 2019 World Congress.
- Graduates or faculty members from an ISPO accredited training facility will receive additional scores.
Please note that expatriates working for foreign aid organizations, manufacturers, etc. are not eligible.
Please note that the grant is not transferable.
If a selected recipient cannot accept the grant for some reason, the next applicant with the highest score on the list, will receive it. Therefore the grant cannot be given to a colleague or the second author of the abstract, for example.
Individuals who have received a travel stipend by ISPO in the past (i.e. for the 2013/2015/2017 World Congresses, as well as the 2014/2018 Global Educators Meeting) may apply, however need to know that priority will be given to candidates who have not had this privilege in the past.
ISPO requests applicants to disclose:
- if they have applied for a grant / received funding from another organization or source
- the purpose of the received grant /funding (e.g. travel, accommodation).
The purpose of the additional funding received from another organization/ source can not be identical to the ISPO sponsorship of travel stipends. Double funding is not possible.
Application (Applications for the Travel Grant are now closed):
To apply for a Travel Stipend Sponsorship, please fill in the online application form by 28 February 2019 at the latest. Please note that you are requested to upload the following supporting documents:
1) A cover letter including:
- Request for sponsorship of a travel stipend.
- Max. 500 word explanation why the support is needed, what would be achieved through an attendance at the ISPO World Congress and how the knowledge gathered during the event will then be applied back home.
2) A brief Curriculum Vitae (CV) of maximum one page.
3) An electronic copy of your passport or identity card.
4) Proof of acceptance of paper/presentation at the 2019 World Congress (if applicable).
5) Provision of ISPO membership number or proof of ISPO membership (if applicable).
6) Proof of faculty position or graduation status from a current ISPO accredited training facility (if applicable).
Submissions must be received by the ISPO Office no later than 28 February 2019.
ISPO has limited resources and will only be able to support a limited number of requests.
Each submission will be reviewed by an ISPO Selection Committee and the ISPO Office will confirm the decisions in May 2019.
All successful candidates who have been selected to receive support will be automatically registered to the Congress by ISPO Head Office and the 2019 World Congress Secretariat.
ISPO will attempt to connect applicants who have not been selected for an ISPO Travel Stipend Sponsorship with other organizations that may provide such assistance.
Travel, Accommodation and Visas:
All travel grant recipients must make their own travel and accommodation arrangements.
The list of official Congress hotels is available on the Congress website at this link. At the end of this page, you will find some suggestions for economic accommodation during the ISPO World Congress.
Please note that all delegates requiring a visa to enter Japan are recommended to start the visa application process as quickly as possible after notification of the Travel Grants, and at least 3 months before the event. To request any supporting documents, please contact the ISPO Head Office.
Please note that grants can only be made available onsite in Japan and will be paid in cash in Euros! No exceptions can be made.
Should you have any inquiries, please contact the ISPO Head Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your applications and seeing you in Japan for the 2019 ISPO World Congress.
Economic Accommodation in Kobe
In order to find economic accommodation in Kobe, we advise you to check the following websites. Participants are responsible for their own booking as well as the daily transport to and from the Kobe Convention Centre.
ISPO Head Office
22-24 Rue du Luxembourg
B-1000 Brussels - Belgium
Tel: +32 (0)2 213.13.79
Fax: +32 (0)2 213.13.13
Interested in contributing to the travel grant fund? Donate HERE