Since the mid-1990s, ISPO has had the privilege of partnering with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) on several projects that strengthened the capacity of rehabilitation professionals in less resourced countries and established product and service delivery standards.
The most recent initiative Rehabilitation of People with Physical Disabilities in Developing Countries (2008-2015) awarded scholarships to individuals from 34 less resourced countries for professional P&O training at ISPO-recognized schools. For more information, consult the reports.
Development of WHO Standards for Prosthetics & Orthotics
Click here to find out more about WHO’s P&O Standards.
- 7 ISPO-recognized programs
- 6 impact assessment reports on 13 countries
- 32 Recommendations on the main themes:
- Leadership & Governance
- Service Provision
- Practice & Technology
- 112 scholarship recipients
- From 34 different countries
- 17 prosthetists/orthotists (ISPO Category I)
- 95 orthopaedic technologists (ISPO Category II)