Collaboration with USAID
Since the mid-1990s, ISPO has partnered with USAID in a number of projects. Activities included evaluating and field-testing commonly used prosthetic and orthotic technologies and techniques, developing protocols and tools to measure the costs of rehabilitation, providing scholarships for prosthetics and orthotics training at ISPO-recognized schools, and assessing the impact of the training on the end user and quality of the treatment.
Final Programme Reports:
Impact Assessment Reports:
- Fisk J, Soderberg B, Trebbin H, Cochrane H and Stills M (2010). ISPO/LWVF Evaluation team VIETCOT graduates report. ISPO
- Sexton S, Shangali H, Munissi B (2013). Prosthetics & orthotics impact assessment: the impact of training personnel to the minimum standards ISPO Category I & II (East Africa: Tanzania, Kenya and Uganda). ISPO.
- Sexton S, Jovane R, Rosario D, Castaneda M (2015). Prosthetics & orthotics impact assessment: Latin America: Mexico, Guatemala and Colombia. ISPO. Published in English and Spanish.
- Sexton S, Stills M, Chhoeurn V, Kheng S (2015). Prosthetics & orthotics impact assessment: South East Asia: Cambodia and Lao PDR. ISPO.
- Cochrane H, Rosario D, Singh A and Ghosh R (2015). Prosthetics & orthotics impact assessment: India and Bangladesh. ISPO.
- Tardif C, Niang M, Amah A (2016). Prosthetics and orthotics impact assessment: West Africa: Togo and Benin
- Impact Assessment Appendices - English