To achieve its mission of improving the quality of life for persons who may benefit from the rehabilitation practice of prosthetic, orthotic, mobility and assistive technology, ISPO directs its efforts on a number of activities:
- Collaborate and partner with a large number of organisations and stakeholders in different fora.
- Develop and promote standards and guidelines to ensure access to safe, high-quality assistive technologies and services.
- Raise awareness and drive policy development through advocacy activities.
- Support programme and faculty development and accreditation of training programmes around the world.
- Improve education, training and knowledge exchange of professionals, and ensure quality in service delivery through continuing professional development.
- Promote research and evidence-based practice and facilitate innovative and appropriate technology development.